- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups salsa (I used a 16 oz. jar of Lime & Garlic Salsa Picante)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Pepper Jack cheese
- 3 cups cooked white rice, hot (I made Mexican rice)
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and water until frothy.
On a dinner plate, combine the cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Dip the chicken breasts in the egg, then dredge in the cornmeal mixture, coating evenly. Shake off the excess.
Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until the juices run clear when pierced with a sharp knife.
Remove the chicken from the oven and pour the salsa over. Sprinkle with the cheese. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Serve over rice with sour cream on the side.
I served mine with a side of pinto beans. Delicioso!