Thursday, January 1, 2009

January Chili Cook-Off Challenge Sign-Up

Happy New Year, everyone.

Let's start the new year off right by making chili. I started this once-a-month event in November and got a half dozen or so entries, but no one voted for the best chili. In December, I was the only one who made chili (I guess everyone was busy with Christmas stuff). Since the third time is supposed to be the charm, I'm ever-hopeful that there will be a lot of entries this month. I've even created a new logo for the cook-off.

Please take a minute to read the rules, then leave a comment with the name of the chili you'll be making this month. There are prizes for the best chili -- a copy of my new cookbook, Foods and Flavors of San Antonio, and a chile pepper refrigerator magnet, plus your recipe will be published in a new cookbook I'm writing.

7 comments:

Chef E said...

I will contribute with a vegetarian chili...and I have eaten my cowpeas for the past three days...so crossing my fingers for the new year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, and if I already said it...I will say it again!

giz said...

I'm in but have no idea what kind yet.

Rachel said...

Hi Gloria:

I will be blogging about an awesomely good Lentil Chipotle Chili my family devoured at the tail end of last month. I'll get it posted up soon and report back.

♥Reeni said...

Count me in, too! I have to think of a good name for our family chili recipe, I'll let you know what it is!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm from SA and wanted to stop and say hi! What part do you live in? I work for a newspaper and we might be able to do a story on you...

Alexandra said...

I'll be joining this! Mine will be a Flaming Dynamite Vegetarian Chili :)

Manda said...

Hello. I came across your blog and I would love to add my recipe to the competition.
I'm making what I like to call "Three Amigo's Ol' Western Chili".

When I write it up I shall be back with a post~!