Saturday, November 1, 2008

Chili Cook-Off Rules

1. Your chili recipe must be original. Recipes you've found in cookbooks and magazines are okay if you've changed them to make them uniquely your own.

2. By submitting your chili recipe and participating in my Chili Cook-Off Challenge, you give me permission to include your recipe in my new chili cookbook. Your recipe will be credited to you and your blog url will also be given.

3. This is the really fun rule: Make the best chili you can. Voting
will determine the winner. You can participate each month as long as the chili recipe you submit is different from the others you've submitted. Sometime before the 20th of each month, post your chili recipe on your blog, along with a mention that you're entering it in the Chili Cook-Off Challenge and provide a link back to this blog. Then send me an email at gloriachadwick@gmail.com giving me the link.

4. On the 21st, I'll post a round-up with a picture of your chili and a link to your post. Everyone can vote for their favorite recipe by leaving a comment. At the end of the month, I'll announce the winner and award the prize: This really hot badge to proudly display on your sidebar.

So get your chili cooking and let me know about it!

UPDATE: I've moved the Chili Cook-Off Challenge to my new Chili... A Bowl of Red foodie blog.

12 comments:

Reeni said...

I'm in, Gloria! I will put the picture and link on my sidebar and mention it in my next post!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Great looking blog GC. You are just unstoppable! I'll be looking through my archives to find a chili recipe for you.

Dee said...

Wonderful blog! So glad I've found it! I'll be making some chili soon!

biz319 said...

Yeah! Looks like I'm making chili soon!

Timeless Gourmet said...

What a great idea! Look for my entry soon, and thanks to Megan's Munchies for bringing this to my attention!

Catherine said...

So glad I found your blog!! I'm totally in for the chili challenge by the way. Be expecting an email...

giz said...

I'm game to trying a new way to cook chili. I've used the same recipe for 100 years - time to open the doors to new ideas.

Karen said...

I'm adding my venison chili to the pot!

girlichef said...

If I'm not too late (every month until....?)...then I'm in!

Karen Brown Letarte said...

Gloria, I'm totally in for March! i made my chili last night and will be posting about it soon.

Danielle said...

h Gloria! What fun! I would also like to participate and would be happy to spread the word.

ramkumari said...

hi,can i join ?if yes ,is just a mention n a link enf or do i have to put ur badge too ?i'm new here ...pls guide me .